Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Repetition, Repetition, Repetition Doesn't Work

I'm not sure why The New York Times continues to cover this crap. Bush's repeated (ironically) strategy is to repeat the exact same thing until he's blue in the face in hopes of convincing a few people that his bungled initiatives/wars are good for the country. Of course, this strategy has failed Bush repeatedly, but that doesn't seem to matter. And it doesn't seem to matter to the national news outlets that each speech is old news. I feel like I read about a barnstorming "we're going to win in Iraq" tour about a month ago. And I certainly read about a similar effort last year when Bush was unsuccessfully pushing his social security reform proposals.

I can't wait until we have a president who thinks governing is about more than being a used car salesman -- you're not just supposed to put new shine on old jalopies; you're supposed to come up with innovative proposals, and then back them up with multi-faceted, fact-based arguments to draw support. I can't wait until the Mark Warner administration.