Friday, March 10, 2006

Fun With Anonymous Insider Polling

I don't even remember how I found this in my clicking through blog links -- and it hardly qualifies as worthy of a posting because it's from a year ago -- but I amused myself with this Washingtonian ranking of members of Congress. (I guess the magazine does more that just publish photos of disgraced lobbyists.) Anyway, the part I enjoy the most is the politely worded "No Rocket Scientist" categories:

NO ROCKET SCIENTIST (Senate)
1. Tie: Rick Santorum (R-PA), Patty Murray (D-WA)

2. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
3. Tie: George Allen (R-VA), Jim Inhofe (R-OK)

NO ROCKET SCIENTIST (House)
1. Tie: Duke Cunningham (R-CA), Katherine Harris (R-FL), Patrick Kennedy (D-RI), Karen McCarthy (D-MO), Loretta Sanchez (D-CA)


I guess the Duke-ster had a bit of a reputation before he, you know, was sent to prison for eight years. And I remember Loretta Sanchez always hyping her exercise regiment -- guess her colleagues heard enough about it too. And I wonder if Santorum's first place vote is partisan or just indicates that he really is as dumb as he seems to me, every time I read about him.

Also in the polling: Evan Bayh looks good in a bathing suit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home