Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's Funny Because It's True

This one goes out to a buddy working for Focus Features -- let's call him Millard Film-more -- in New York City.

I had a lot of blogs to catch up on today, and I stumbled across something that delighted me so. It's a week late, and only partially a political reference, but me gustalo. Not necessarily because the joke is funny, although it is, but because it reminded me of a simpler time, chads and butterflies and all that the year 2000 had to offer (yes, i just censored myself). In any case, this visual gag, courtesy of defamer, works for me.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coincidence? I think not.

In 2000, old Jews in Palm Beach were dicked over, voting for Pat Buchanan (who is anti-gay) when they meant to vote for Al Gore.
Then, Tony Curtis, an old Jew who should be living in Palm Beach, and who probably is gay, comes out against Brokeback Mountain.
Now we learn that the butterfly ballot strikes again, dicking over gay hollyWOODians in an industry run by Jews.
Lets not forget that California, like Palm Beach, is a warm climate.
Adding insult to injury, Mariah Carey's favorite symbol is the butterfly, which inspired the butterfly ballot; she has a large gay following, and she grew up on Long Island, which has a sizeable Jewish population.
My head is spinning! Coincidence? I think not!
-Yehoshuah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home